Open Source Technical Information: Where can I get drivers for my hardware for Fedora?

Friday 28 October 2011

Where can I get drivers for my hardware for Fedora?

,
Most drivers come with Fedora. However, if your driver doesn't come with Fedora, you can see what drivers are available for automatic download:
  1. Make sure that you're using my yum configuration from the installing software question.
  2. Open a Terminal.
  3. Become root:
    su -
  4. Run the following command:
    yum list akmod-\* \*-drv\* kmod-\* dkms-\*
If you don't find what you need this way, try Googling for:
Fedora NameOfHardware
or:
Linux NameOfHardware
Where NameOfHardware is the normal name of your hardware. If it has more than one name, keep trying different ones until you get a result.

0 comments to “Where can I get drivers for my hardware for Fedora?”

Post a Comment

Write your tips here...

Deal of the Day

Advertisement here

Advertisement here